- Advance Reservations are required. All reservations must be made online or over the phone.
- All reservations must be paid in full at the time of booking with a Visa, Discover or MasterCard.
- Please arrive at your scheduled Meeting Time. No refunds will be given for arriving after your stated meeting time on your confirmation email. While we always do our best to accommodate, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to go on your tour or rental if you arrive late. It is your responsibility to ensure you arrive on time. No Refunds will be issued so please arrive at your scheduled meeting time. Please remember that winter driving conditions, traffic, etc. can delay drive times. Please give yourself plenty of time to arrive at your appropriate meeting time and location.
- We do not accept 1 machine reservations for Unguided Rentals in WINTER PARK or GRAND LAKE. If you make a 1 machine reservation ONLINE, and don’t immediately notify us of another existing reservation you are joining, your reservation will be cancelled and payment voided. If you book during non-business hours, we will cancel your reservation the next morning and refund your credit card less a 7.5% fee.
- Cancellation Policy. We require full payment when you make your reservation. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover. If you must cancel your reservation and we are notified at least 48 hours prior to your scheduled meet time, we will refund your payment, less 15%. If you cancel for any reason and we are notified less than 48 hours prior to your scheduled meet time, we cannot refund any portion of the payment. All sales inside 48 hours are final and non-refundable / non-transferable. Grand Adventures cannot be held responsible for and will not issue refunds for personal inconveniences, health related issues, family emergencies, injuries, winter road conditions, flight delays / cancellations, public transportation delays, traffic jams/accidents, or inclement weather. When you make your reservation we are reserving a space for you and now turning away other potential guests.
- TRIP INSURANCE. In today’s changing travel environment, it’s important to protect your travel investment so you can relax and enjoy your trip. Unforeseen events such as flight delays, baggage loss or even a sudden sickness or injury could impact your travel plans. For your convenience, we offer travel protection through Travelex Insurance Services. For more information on the available plans, get a quote, or to enroll, click here or contact Travelex Insurances Services at 800-228-9792 and reference location # 06-0332.
- The product descriptions provided here are only brief summaries and may be changed without notice. The full coverage terms and details, including limitations and exclusions, are contained in the insurance policy. Travelex Insurance Services , Inc CA Agency License #0D10209. Travel Insurance is underwritten by, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company, NAIC #22276. V94
- Purchasing travel insurance does not release you from Damage Deposit requirements for your rental / tour nor cover any damages that may occur.
- GUIDED TOURS
- You must be at least 15 and have a valid driver’s license or learner’s permit to drive
- If you are under 18 and wish to drive the snowmobile, a legal guardian must also be present on the trip
- If you are under 18 years old and driving we require the license / permit be physically present and we will make a photocopy of it at check-in
- In order to carry a passenger, you must be at least 18 years old
- You must be at least 4 years old to be a passenger
- UNGUIDED RENTALS
- You must be at least 21 years old and have a valid drivers license to rent a snowmobile unless a legal guardian is present and accompanying you
- 16 & 17 year old’s may drive if they have a valid drivers license and their legal guardian is present on the trip, but they may not carry passengers. We will require you to show us the license at check-in and we will make a photocopy of it
- 18-20 year old’s may drive and carry passengers, but a legal guardian must be present on the trip
- You must be at least 4 years old to be a passenger
DAMAGE DEPOSIT REQUIREMENTS:
- All customers are responsible for damages to the equipment they rent. We do NOT offer insurance. Also, customers will be responsible for any cost incurred in the retrieval of snowmobiles which are left on the trail for “non-mechanical” reasons (i.e. customers who become involved in accidents rendering their snowmobile inoperable or unguided renters who become stuck or run out of gas). A minimum retrieval fee of $75 applies to all retrievals, but cost may be higher based on the degree of difficulty and personnel required. If you are participating on a guided tour, you may purchase our “Repair Fund” program the day of your trip at check-in. Please click here for more information.
- Guided Tour Deposits:
- At check-in the day of your trip we will make a physical imprint of your card (NO Amex) to serve as your damage deposit. We don’t charge or authorize any amount unless damage occurs. After your trip your imprint is returned to you to destroy.
- Unguided Rentals Deposit Amounts:
- Grand Touring: $500 per machine
- All Mountain: $1500 per machine
- For Unguided damage deposits we will Authorize your credit card based on the above amounts and make a physical imprint
- Authorizations fall off your credit card, typically after 48 to 72 business hours, but may take longer based on your credit card company.
OTHER IMPORTANT REQUIREMENTS:
- Each customer must read and sign a liability waiver damage agreement, referred to as the Rental Agreement Release and Indemnity for Snowmobiling Activities. A legal guardian must sign for all minors (under 18 years old) who are participating. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- It is required that at least two snowmobiles go out together for UNGUIDED in Winter Park and Grand Lake.
- Only two people may ride together on one snowmobile, regardless of size! Each machine has a maximum weight limit of 400 lbs.
- TBD for the 22-23 season:
You may hire an employee to carry an extra passenger for the price of a double machine. Guided Tours only! Very limited availability! This option can only be booked over the phone. DO NOT book online and assume we will have an employee available please.
- Clothing / Gear Requirements: All participants are required to wear the following
- DOT Approved Helmet (included)
- Snow Boots (available for rent)
- Waterproof snow clothes (available for rent)
- Goggles (available for purchase)
- Waterproof gloves (available for purchase)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Should we tip our guide?
- Tips are an important part of a guides livelihood and are always appreciative of receiving a tip when they deliver excellent service!
- What if I only have a Debit Card or American Express?
- Unfortunately we cannot accept American Express at any time
- Debit cards can be used for payment only. They may not be used for a damage deposit.
- Should we arrive early?
- Please arrive at the “meeting time” listed on your confirmation email
- Do we still go if it is snowing or cold?
- Yes! We operate in all weather conditions.
- What if we are late due to traffic?
- It is your responsibility to plan ahead and traffic can be heavy at times.
- You will not be refunded because you are stuck in traffic and arriving late. Plan ahead!
- Should we purchase Travel Insurance?
- Yes, protect your travel investment! Our partner Travelex offers plan that can help protect your investment if your travel plans become disrupted. Click here to enroll
- Need lodging in Grand Lake? Check out www.westernriv.com
- Need lodging in Winter Park? Please consider. Winter Park Mountain Lodge Or Winter Park Lodging Company
- Need to rent skis? Visit Epic Mountain Sports
- Other Activities:
- Epic Mountain Sports – Ski Rentals & Goggle Rentals
- Snow Mountain Ranch
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- Buying Property? Check out The Simple Life
- House Condo Rentals
- Travel Insurance – Protect your trip investment
Guided Tours & Unguided Rentals are currently available for reservation for the upcoming 2022-23 Winter Season!
Please note that online reservations cut off a few hours before each trip meeting time.